Though limited in exercise options without two working feet, the drive to get the strong blood flowing was undeniable. In between a lot of Resting, Icing, Compressing and Elevating (RICE), I drove my gimpy ass to BFC to get in a couple careful WODs. Choosing and executing the exercises were easy; the hardest part was figuring how to warm up properly.
- Warmup – only a couple feeler sets
- Weighted Dips – 45×3, 55×3, 65×3, 75×3
- Weighted Pullups – 45×3, 55×3, 3
Wasn’t feeling too hot and it showed. Definitely appreciate the impact of a good warmup after this one.
- Warmup – kettlebell complex of swings, high pulls, clean and press, snatches. Then 2 feeler sets of the movements below:
- RDLs – 225×5, 245×3, 255×3. Last set below. This was the first time I’ve ever done heavy RDL’s. After doing some more reseach afterwards, I realized my knees are bent a little too much but everything else looked pretty decent.
- Weighted Pushups – 40×3, 60×3, 3. Used a weighted vest and a different way to use a heavy rope.
- Rollouts – 5, 5, 8. Absolutely feeling this one today!
Feels good to be the “right kind” of sore!