From the First Laidy...
I usually go to the market twice a week in order to keep our fridge stocked and keep things fresh. My list has its weekly staples and then some things that just need to be in the house. Like I’ve said before, I keep to the perimeter of the market to get almost everything on my list.
- Mixed greens
- Red onions
- Red peppers
- White onions
- Artichoke hearts
- Dark chocolate
- Salad Protein – chicken, steak, tuna, etc.
- Dinner Protein – chicken, steak, pork, fish etc.
- Starchy dinner veggies – sweet potato, parsnips, squash, cauliflower, broccoli, brussels sprouts, etc.
- Leafy dinner veggies – collards, kale, cabbage, swiss chard, spinach, etc.
- Coconut oil
- Coconut butter – I don’t eat it but “we” go through a jar per week
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Frank’s Red Hot – Ryan puts that sh*t on everything
In season fruits (usually Dave’s Market and Whole foods have exotic fruits that are amazing such as ugly fruit and honey tangerines!)
Each day starts with a coffee and an apple, lunch is usually leftovers from the night before and dinner is a big salad, a protein and two sides (one is usually leafy and one is starchy). My night comes to a close with dark chocolate and sometimes red wine ;)
Hopefully this list will be a nice guide and maybe encourage you to try something that you have not had before! Just keep mixing up the veggies so you don’t get tired of eating the same thing each week!
Post a Comment