I can’t believe I haven’t done a tabata routine since starting this thing! It’s a lot of warmup for not a lot of exercise; another example of the intensity vs. volume paradigm.
- Warmup – modified crossfit warmup of OH Squats, pushups, pullups, dips, GHR, GHD Situps. Then CFE warmup with POSE drills
- Tabata sprints – 8x (20 sec on, 10 sec off) all out efforts. I don’t know how much distance I lost from the 1st sprint to the 8th but I tried to finish as strong as possible. Total distance = roughly 1300m in 3:50.
- Cooldown – walk around, lay on back and drain out legs (this feels awesome after a tough session), stretch out
- Bonus round – knew I’d have some hormones flowing so hit a snappy set of muscle-ups x 5. A new PR! Crazy how the body responds. On my previous best day I did 3 max. Thank yousympathetic nervous system!
- PWO = nada. Fueled by ketones til the next morning.