I used to think I was in really good shape, then I had my my first sand dune workout of 2010! Here’s how it went down:
- Warmup – from the car walking/jogging/Pose drills to small sand dune ~5-6 min
- Prisoner Squats, lunges, lat lunges, under/over hurdles, high knees, butt kicks, etc.
- Small dunes – 2x all out sprints up and down ~:30/ea with 1 min rest
- Jog to big dunes ~ 3-4 min with 1 min rest/mental prep
- Big dunes – 3x all out sprints up ~:20/ea, utter expletives in between violent panting~:15-30/ea, run fast downhill and continue with a few strides on flat, rest 1 min+/-
- Walk back to small dunes then 1x all out sprint up with easy walk down
- Walk back to car, stretch, change, done.
Experienced that “burnt lung” feeling for a while after this one. It was good to get out there but humbling to realize how much work I have ahead of me. Time to get my ass in gear.