Whether you’re on-the-go or pressed for time, this frittata by the LbF First Laidy is the perfect option for a lunch that’s easy, satisfying and straight-up nourishing! Savor it warm with a side of roasted vegetables or enjoy it cold with your favorite side salad. We promise, your future self will thank you for having this on hand when hunger strikes!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 45-50 minutes
- 1-2 small sweet potatoes, sliced thinly
- 2-3 slices high-quality bacon
- 1 white or yellow onion, sliced thin
- 1-2 cups of spinach
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup of almond milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease a glass pie dish with grass-fed butter or coconut oil. Line the bottom and sides of the dish with the sliced sweet potatoes and bake for 15 minutes.
- While the sweet potatoes are baking, cook the bacon and set aside. Reduce heat to medium and sauté the onions and the spinach in the bacon fat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and the milk
- Once the sweet potato crust has finished baking, add the spinach and onion mix to the crust, then add the egg mixture on top. Sprinkle with bacon bits, salt and pepper.
- Place the pie dish back in the oven and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until golden.