The Second Annual Frozen Clam was held on 1/1/13 at Goddard Park! Although the conditions were significantly tougher than last year, we had an even bigger turnout! We also raised more than twice as much money as last year! The current total is approaching $4,000! That’s a lot of clams!
Here are some links to the media coverage of the event:
Thank you to all who took part in this exhilarating experience! Especially those who donated to the cause:
- The Deli on Post provided hot beverages to warm our bodies from the inside.
- A Airline Express Limousine brought their 20 passenger salon to protect us from the elements before and after the dip. The salon also served as an impromptu changing area. We have not yet confirmed if this was the first case of nudity in the vehicle.
- Art in Ice carved our mascot once again. They must’ve used high quality stuff because the sculpture still stands outside LbF as I type this!
- Autospa donated a gift certificate again
- La Gondola Providence hooked up a lucky couple for a romantic trip in the Renaissance City (you can ask for Donato but the other guys are all much better singers)
- Village Wellness center provided 3 Yoga Classes
- EMS Warwick donated 2 Kayak rentals and 2 Standup Paddleboard Rentals
- Smitty’s Seafood Market contributed with a gift certificate (try their in house smoked fish!)
- Diffley & Daughters provided our jon which doubled as a wind shelter!
And our T-shirt Sponsors:
- Balancing Act Bookkeeping
- Coastway Community Bank
- Diversified Services
- Elder Law RI LLC
- Greenwood Credit Union
- Koch Eye Associates
- Law Offices of John T. Carrol
- People’s Credit Union
- Richard’s Pub
See you all next year!