What a beautiful day! Got to the dunes around 6pm equipped with a 16kg kettlebell and a rested and freshly massaged body. Ass-kicking included the following:
- warmup – walked with kettlebell to small dune ~5-6 min switching grip from clean “catch” to farmer’s walk style
- run over to large dune ~ 3-4 min @ fast pace working on POSE technique
- Grok crawl up large dunes x 2 all out up and run down
- run back to small dune ~ roughly same pace but with much more lactic acid flowin
- Evil Metcon: 10 KB snatches, sprint up small dune, look around slightly confused at top, run down, clap pushups x 10, knock over camera. 1:25 Rx
Wanted to do another round or two of this but when setting up for round 2 got really dizzy and felt like puking. Decided to call it quits since I still had to hump the KB back to car. With the sun setting on the day and the WOD, listened to a most-appropriate “Hotel California (Spanish Version)” by the Gipsy Kings. A favorite song to end a workout and the go-to track for all my last runs when snowboarding this year – awesome song!